When bacteria in your mouth release foul odors, it is referred to as halitosis, also called bad breath. Sometimes, it can be related to the food you ate, but it many cases it may be a sign of an underlying illness or oral health disorder. Listed below are a few symptoms to watch out for:
– Underlying diseases such as periodontal disease, more commonly known as gum disease, could be the cause of your bad breath.
– Bad breath is often caused by the lack of proper oral hygiene habits.
– Bad breath may have many causes, but it can often be treated or temporarily relieved with the use of mouthwash.
– Some underlying diseases can cause bad breath, including respiratory tract infections, and liver and kidney problems.
– Various medications can have bad breath as a symptom.
– As you age, various dental services can cause bad breath, including dentures that must be washed and soaked in a cleaning solution every day.
– Bad or oral hygiene in your mouth, especially high levels of plaque buildup, can contribute to bad breath.
Come in and learn more about treating bad breath. To schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Stilwell, Oklahoma, call Catron Family Dentistry at 918-696-4200 and a member of our team will gladly assist you. Dr. Chad Catron and our entire team look forward to turning your smile into a masterpiece.